This course is designed for those planning to sit for the Case Management Certification Examination. The program is geared to set a course of study that will help professional review areas of practice and point out sections that may need additional focus. The program is based on the Domains of Practice set by the Commission for Case Manager Certification in their Exam Blueprint.
Although this course is designed for those preparing for certification through the Commission for Case Manager Certification, it can also be helpful for those in practice as a reminder of the fundamentals of the practice of case management.
This course is meant to complement the CCM Certification Made Easy: Your Guide to Passing the Certified Case Manager Exam 3rd edition. CCM Certification Made Easy gives you “just the facts” on each knowledge domain, this on-demand course puts the information into context. This Course is available during this introductory period at the amazingly low price of only $347.
The course is presented by Anne Llewellyn, MS, BHSA, RN-BC, CCM, CRRN a case management leader who shares her expertise and experiences with you in her 8 module course.
In each of the sessions, she takes the time to explain concepts and give examples to put the information into perspective so those unfamiliar with the content to better understand the information and be better able to critically think through the question and multiple choice answers.
The Case Management Institute brings you this online version as we understand that the cost and logistics of attending a live course are prohibitive to most people. It can easily cost well over $1000 in transportation and lodging fees. Not to mention the hassle of getting time off work and coordinating the time away from your family. In addition, we understand that cramming in hours of lecture in a day-long program can lead to information overload.
This online course allows you to listen and study at your own pace. You can listen as long as you want, as many time as you want, and take break when you need to. When you’re ready to come back; whether a few minutes, days or weeks later, your course will be waiting for you. You can also review the course as many times as you wish at no additional charge.
- Provide a course of study for those preparing for national certification in case management.
- Share a common platform to help learners understand the role, function and opportunities case managers bring to the broad healthcare system
- Review the domain and subdomains of case management practice that shape the role and function of case management
- Share examples of each subdomain to allow the principles and theories to be understandable to various practice settings
- Learn information that will improve individual and organizational practice
- Recognize the important role case managers play in addressing challenges and breaking down barriers to improve outcomes
- Have an understanding of the important role case managers play in today’s complex healthcare system throughout the broad healthcare system
- Through listening to the various modules, attendees will have a better understand of gaps in knowledge so they can do additional research.